Manager is responsible for the effective operation of Historical Resources, including services, programs, partnerships, communication, budget management and staffing. The Manager develops and articulates the future vision for Historical Resources and implements the goals, objectives and activities. The Manager develops strategic partnerships to achieve specific community outcomes for historic education and preservation.
· Develops short and long range plans for overall direction of Historical Resouces division.
· Monitors division activity in order to identify and evaluate the effectiveness of operations and programs.
· Develops, implements and administers policies and procedures.
· Prepares and administers the operating and capital budgets for Historical Resources; including setting priorities and
managing overall expenditures. Seeks alternative revenue sources.
· Ensures that all elements of Historical Resources operations are in compliance with core service, county, state, and federal policies and regulations.
· Plans and supervises the preservation, development, access and utilization of Historical Resources collection.
· Oversees development review, historic designation, ad-valorem tax exemption and local government programs.
· Prepares presentations and presents to the BCC and internal/external customers.
· Responds to requests from other SCGov Departments for research and review assistance.
· Evaluates building, equipment, maintenance/repair needs and works with appropriate departments to address issues.
· Researches, prepares applications, implements and administers grants.
· Manages proactive assessments of fraud awareness, prevention, detection and risk mitigation activities in area of responsibility; oversees financial, compliance, operational and performance audits; reviews audit findings and ensures appropriate controls are established and implemented.
Outreach and Promotion:
· Acts as liaison to Historic Preservation Board, Historical Commission and Friends of Sarasota Co. History Center. Coordinates participation of Historical Resouces staff to attend meetings as agenda items require.
· Plans and directs the implementation of programs, exhibits and events to promote an understanding of historic Sarsasota County.
· Oversees the development of presentations to promote interest and involvement in Sarasota County history to civic; participates as a presenter and guides the creation of volunteer speakers for same.
· Develops and maintains community partnerships.
· Prudently adds items to the collections to capture new or emerging historical themes in Sarasota County History
· Encourages historical research using the collections of Historical Resources
· Monitors and manages performance, including the administration of corrective action.
Education, experience, certification, license, etc. as required for the job:
Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university in Architecture, History Preservation, Architectural History. History or related field and four years of experience, three of which must have been in a supervisory capacity