Louis Berger has an immediate need for a Senior Architectural Historian. Position location is not a factor and can be in Kansas City, Morristown NJ, DC, or Raleigh NC offices.
The successful candidate will have the following:
· Five to eight years of experience working in heritage resource management in a consulting environment.
· At least three years of that experience should include project management.
· A Masters degree in historic preservation, architectural history, historic architecture, or a related degree and meet federal regulatory requirements for an architectural historian or historical architect.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, are a necessity.
· Specialized experience in military, transportation and energy markets is desirable.
· Experience should include survey, documentation, and evaluation as well as the preparation of compliance documents for Section 106 and similar state and federal regulations.
· Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and be able to travel and work remotely.
· Evidence of publication and scholarly presentations are a plus.
· Must have a valid drivers license.