IS Architecture is an award-winning architecture firm that specializes in Custom Residential and Historic Preservation. We are a small, casual office of 9 seeking a recent graduate with Revit training to join our team.
The Entry Level Architectural Staff works under the direction of the Principal Architect and Project Managers; primary responsibility of supporting Project Managers with planning, coordination and drafting for custom residential and historic preservation projects through all phases of design and construction document development. Additional duties will include permit running with various building departments in San Diego County and taking as-built measurements.
· Bachelor of Architecture degree
· Proficiency with Revit
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
- Additional degree or certificate in Historic Preservation
- Architectural design office experience
- Work experience on residential and institutional properties
- Ability to prepare a full set of Construction Documents
- Experience in all phases of design, knowledge of state building code and local planning processes, design detailing, construction documents, and submittals
- Sketch capabilities
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Focused on technical accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed individual able to work in a team environment
- Positive and optimistic attitude
- Resourceful and willing to bring and share new ideas
- Organized and time efficient
- Knowledge of the Secretary of Interiors Standards
- A passion for historic preservation architecture
Please apply only if you have a serious interest in the position. We are looking for someone who is interested in developing a long-term commitment. Out of region candidates may apply, though compensation for relocation will not be considered. Part-time will be considered for 2016 graduates if still in school. Candidates must be ok with dogs and must be able to provide their own transportation.
Most importantly, we need someone with the right work ethic and attitude. Someone that can anticipate when someone needs assistance, or when something needs to be done. Someone that can take initiative. Someone that can communicate effectively and ask questions. Someone that is willing to jump in head first to keep things afloat when the need arises. And someone that can take a joke (a good humor is appreciated here).
DO NOT send general broadcast letters and portfolios. IS Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.