LSA Associates, Inc. (LSA) is a diversified environmental, transportation, and community planning organization that is recognized as an innovator in the field of environmental impact assessment. LSA has developed a reputation among clients and professional peers in both the public and private sectors for being thorough, innovative, and objective.
LSA is seeking an Architectural Historian to work on an hourly, project-hire basis out of the Irvine, Riverside, or Carlsbad office. The position requires:
* An M.A. or M.S. in architectural history, historic preservation, history, or a related discipline;
* A minimum of 5 years of experience working as a professional architectural historian, preferably in California;
* Demonstrated project management experience;
* An ability to coordinate and communicate with management, co-workers, and clients in a professional, logical, and efficient manner;
* Strong written and verbal communication skills;
* Ability to independently resolve issues and work creatively to increase efficiency; and
* Strong initiative.
In addition, the qualified candidate must be able to complete the following tasks without supervision:
* Conduct fieldwork and archival research
* Prepare historic context statements and eligibility criteria
* Complete evaluations using national, State, and local significance criteria
* Prepare cultural and/or historic resources assessments
* Prepare impact assessments/findings of effect using appropriate standards and criteria
* Complete Caltrans reports
* Work on projects through all phases from initiation to completion
* Work on multiple projects at one time
* Prepare proposals, including scopes, schedules, and budgets
* Develop a client base
This is currently a project-hire position; however, there is potential for its expansion into a part-time or full-time position with benefits.
LSA offers competitive pay; medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, long-term care, group life/AD&D insurance plans; vacation, sick, and holiday pay; an Employee Stock Ownership Plan; and a Profit Sharing and Savings Plan (with 401k and company match).
LSA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.