Whipple Company Store and Museum offer part-time internships for undergraduates, advanced students, and recent graduates who are interested in gaining experience in the nonprofit sector. We are seeking a highly motivated, socially conscious Digital Media & Communications Intern to help sustain our Museums preservation work in Fayette county, Scarbro West Virginia. This intern will not only join a passionate team of development professionals, but he/she will also benefit from our museum Internship Development Program.
Internship Development Program
- Professional Skill Building: Projects that build communication skills, research capabilities, ability to work in a relaxing environment, partnership-building capacities, and a contextualized understanding of development in historical preservation
- Insight into Nonprofit Sector: Informal interviews with heads of departments across the organization, discussions of nonprofit and development trends, as well as access to industry professionals
- Development Experience: Working relationships and networking opportunities with nonprofit professionals based throughout the county and the state of West Virginia.
- Assist in the research and planning of Whipple company store and Museum multi-media projects, including the development of a blog platform and website redesign strategy
- Assist with digital engagement strategies, i.e. email campaigns and online partnerships
- Stay up-to-date on marketing practices and trends, suggesting areas for improvement as they come to your attention
- Brainstorm new youth marketing and youth outreach ideas
- Keep track of important dates (ex: un- recognized days, holidays, events, etc) that the Museum can use to guide launches and PR support
- Design and Manage the multi-media library
- Assist with various general support projects for Whipple Museum External Relations departments and Executive Office
- Collaborate with staff and volunteers on new ideas, directions, and venues for our online marketing and partnership development
- Demonstrated commitment to the Whipple Company Store and Museum mission.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, research and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and attention to detail
- Independent, self-start personality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Must be at least a college student in good standing or a recent graduate
- Must be able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week during the spring/summer season
Application Deadline:till filled
This is an unpaid internship; it may be eligible for college credit. (Please make sure to check with your college or university).