SEARCH, a leading nationwide and global provider of cultural resources services to government and commercial customers, is continuously seeking top talent in the cultural resource management industry. As a full service company, SEARCH offers a multidisciplinary integration of our five divisions: Archaeology, Maritime Archaeology, Architectural History, History and Archives, and Heritage Design.
SEARCH has an immediate opening for an exempt full time Architectural Historian to support general service contracts with our transportation clients. This role requires the incumbent to be proficient in MS Office suite and be eligible for government security clearances.
Qualified candidates should possess:
- Masters degree in Historic Preservation or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years as an Architectural Historian
- Previous experience in cultural resource management and the preparation of deliverables for private and government clients
- Strong field and outdoors skill set and the ability to work in physically demanding environments
- Section 4(f) of the Department of Transportation Act project experience
- Organization, attention to detail, and ability to work well on simultaneous tasks while meeting project deadlines
- Ability to work and network independently, establishing an independent book of business (previous business development experience is preferable)
- Ability to write RFPs and develop independent budgets for projects
- Superior technical writing ability
- Report review/editing experience
- Contract management experience
- Team management experience
The position will be based out of SEARCHs office in Pensacola, Florida. Routine fieldwork, including overnight travel, is required and scheduled of the individual hired for this position.
The chosen candidate will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check, including DMV. Applicants need to be eligible to be employed in the United States. SEARCH offers a competitive total compensation package with strong health & wellness and retirement plans. Pay will be commensurate with education and experience.
For more information on SEARCH, please visit www.searchinc.com and follow us on Facebook.
In Word or as a PDF, please send a cover letter, resume with minimum of two professional references, and dates of your availability. SEARCH will contact professional references and treat all employment inquires with discretion. Apply here: https://search.workable.com/j/2D289F65B3
SEARCH is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.
SEARCH is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SEARCH is an Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
SEARCH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a fo