Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our San Diego, CA, Cultural Resources Group as an Archaeological Quality Control (Part Time).
Under general direction, serves as a recognized specialist within his/her field of science throughout the company, providing advice on the resolution of major technical problems of marked importance to the organization. Manages and provides scientific expertise on programs and projects with substantial fees. Markets and manages clients.
- Has responsibilities for interpreting, organizing, managing and executing assignments. Responsible for identifying clients, marketing programs, initiating, preparing and submitting proposals and managing projects. Typical duties may include the following:
- Analyzes projects, solves major technical problems and makes cost-effective recommendations.
- Develops standards and guides pertaining to his/her field of science.
- Determines program objectives and requirements.
- Markets company services.
- Has heavy responsibility for success of program or project, conformance to budget and quality control.
- Conducts technical training workshops and serves as mentor to less experienced scientists and other technical professionals.
- Regularly manages projects.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
B.S./B.A. or M.S. in Science to commensurate with hiring discipline; Master's or graduate level science coursework preferred. This level may be achieved by Scientists with fifteen years experience (with Bachelor's degree) or fourteen years experience (with Master's degree); typical incumbent has fifteen to twenty years experience.
Persuasive ability and strong analytical skills, technical writing, computer and communication skills are expected at this level, proven through technical presentations, scientific papers and/or participation in technical committees; may be eligible for project management training.
Professional certification/registration may be required, depending on discipline.
Will provide QA/QC Review of all cultural resources deliverables and oversight of complex artifact analysis as required.
Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary. Job also requires ability to evaluate alternatives and select solutions, manage multiple concurrent projects, and supervise and motivate professional staff.
General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here: