Architectural Resources Group (ARG) is an award winning, nationally recognized architectural firm specializing in the preservation, planning, and conservation of culturally and historically significant buildings and sites. ARG is based in San Francisco with branch offices in Pasadena, California and Portland, Oregon. Further information is available at www.arg-la.com
ARG is seeking a technically savvy Senior Project Architect for a long-term key position in our Pasadena office. The ideal candidate has a keen interest in preservation, a commitment to design excellence, and a proven history of success on architectural projects on existing buildings and new construction of various building typologies.
The ideal candidate is a Licensed Architect who meets the following criteria:
- Possesses a minimum of 10 15+ years of experience in architectural practice;
- Proven track record of successfully producing projects of all sizes through all phases of design through construction administration;
- Detail oriented with strong design and technical skills;
- Possesses a strong work ethic and the ability to foster a positive and effective team environment and mentor Jr. Staff;
- Possesses strong communication skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain client relationships and collaborate and manage consultants effectively;
- Able to control project scope, schedule and budget;
- Excellent working knowledge of UBC, CBC, IBC & ADA (experience with California Historical Building Code a plus);
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, and MS Office (Word, Excel, Project); Proficiency in Revit or other design programs is a plus;
- Has a demonstrated interest in Sustainable Design, and
- Is a creative problem solver who enjoys working on a diverse range of exciting projects!
Our motto is do good work, make money, have fun. We are a collaborative group that supports and encourages staff development. We believe that sustainability and preservation are compatible objectives. We consider ourselves a West Coast firm, but have done projects across the nation.
Candidates must be a US citizen or hold a US work visa, and candidates must be able to start work immediately.