The Prospect Park Alliances small Design and Construction Department is currently seeking an Intermediate Level Assistant Preservation Architect to work on a wide variety of projects. Current projects include the restoration of the Concert Grove Tea House designed by Calvert Vaux, the restoration of the Lefferts House, a Dutch colonial farmhouse and the restoration of the Endale Arch, an original Olmsted and Vaux archway. The ideal candidate will have experience working on preservation projects and some knowledge of NYC Landmarks procedures. Candidates will have the opportunity to complete all facets of a project from initial design and planning through review of shop drawings and construction supervision. The office currently consists of three landscape architects, two architects and an archivist.
Under the direction of the Senior Architect, this individual will work as part of the Design and Construction team on projects of every scale.
Responsibilities will include:
· Planning, design and detailing of restoration projects
· Preparation of architectural drawings for inclusion in contract documents
· Preparation of specifications for inclusion in contract documents
· Drafting, rendering, illustration, and hand sketching
· Conducting site visits and field measurements of existing buildings
· Construction administration and field supervision of projects during construction
Qualifications and Requirements:
· BA or MA in Architecture or Preservation Architecture
· 3-5 years of professional office experience
· Proficiency in AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Adobe InDesign & Photoshop, Microsoft Office
· Excellent graphic skills
· Experience creating construction drawings sets and details
· Experience writing specifications
· Ability to work well in a small close-knit studio environment
· Excellent communication skills
The Assistant Preservation Architect position is full-time and is eligible for benefits including a tax-deferred 403(b) plan.
The Prospect Park Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Although we appreciate your interest, we will only contact applicants we are considering for interview.