This is an unpaid internship in support of the LGBT Center of Central Pennsylvania History Project. It is based at the LGBT Center in Harrisburg, or at the Dickinson College Archives in Carlisle, but the work may require some travel throughout the central PA region. Some work could be based at the students educational institution or residence. This internship is available during any semester.
Duties may include any or all of the following (the specific duties may be tailored to the interest of the individual):
- scheduling and arranging interviews with oral history narrators
- conducting video oral history interviews
- doing oral history interview logs
- transcribing oral history interviews to text files
- reviewing digital video interviews and making clips for posting to the web
- doing original research on video/audio interviews and archival materials and writing history articles, exhibit scripts, or other content for the web
- Uploading images and related information to our HistoryPin channel
- Researching oral history interviews and archival documents to pull geographical references for potential historic site evaluation and log into spreadsheet
To Qualify: This unpaid internship is available to any student enrolled in a post-secondary institution. Students with course work in history, American Studies, LGBT or gender studies, the social sciences, or video are especially encouraged to apply.
Student class projects or independent study projects will also be considered. Contact the LGBT History Project for more information.
Send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the LGBT Center of Central Pennsylvania History Project, visit us on the web at www.centralpalgbtcenter.org/lgbt-history-project