Under the direction of the Historic Sites Supervisor, the Site Manager is responsible for effective operation of the Winedale Historical Complex, a division of the Briscoe Center for American History.
* Assist the Historic Sites Supervisor with effective coordination and interaction with Austin headquarters staff, community stakeholders, and local government entities on matters affecting the site. Provide leadership to site staff, volunteers and other stakeholders to successfully manage and conserve the sites natural and cultural resources. Work under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
* Prepare and manage annual and project budgets; develop and manage procedures for effective implementation of the site maintenance plan; resource manage and manage curatorial care of original and reproduction artifacts and exhibits; visitor services, interpretive and educational program planning, development, scheduling, production and evaluation; development of beneficial partnerships, volunteer management, media relations, promotional and marketing activities; records and personnel management.
* Hiring and supervision of site staff, including an Administrative Assistant, and Maintenance staff. Direct the day-to-day operations of the site, including visitor services, programs, safety and security. Responsible for program planning, development, and implementation. Develop and implement effective techniques for evaluation of operation and programs. Study and analyze operations and problems, and prepare reports of findings and recommendations.
* Prepare justifications for and assist in implementing procedural changes and policy compliance. Work with program staff to determine trends and resolving technical problems. Work with and speak to community and professional groups to coordinate, improve, and stimulate interest in the program and to secure support for local programs. Evaluate employee performance and identify mentoring, coaching and training opportunities for staff. Provide recommendations on staffing needs and organization.
* Communicate Briscoe Center and University policy, business and information to staff in a timely basis. Communicate issues, opportunities, Friends group ideas and initiatives to supervisor in a timely and effective way. Maintain knowledge of current historic preservation and museum best practices. Participate with Briscoe Center leadership in implementing the site's mission. Communicate mission to stakeholders, Friends and community.
* Identify priorities and resources in annual and long range planning for the program. Serve as the local liaison with site Friends group and assist them in annual planning and programs, and timely reporting to the Briscoe Center supervisor as required. Represent the Briscoe Center and Winedale as needed in public meetings, seminars and other events. Coordinate public relations, media, marketing and fundraising activities with Public Information, Development and other staff.
* Oversee collections care and management in consultation with Briscoe Center archivists and curators, to insure that artifact and paper collections are under the sites physical and intellectual control, appropriately stored and documented collections include historic buildings and features of the site. Oversee maintenance and preservation planning and identify needed projects and appropriate resources to accomplish them. Implement cyclical maintenance program for the historic site.
* Ensure daily, weekly, monthly, annual maintenance is completed according to the plan. Direct the interpretive program for the site, including research, planning, development of programs and exhibits and conducting special and educational programs and audience research needed. Provide subject matter expertise related to the historic site and its period of Texas history and insure accuracy of material produced about the program or site. Prepare annual budget proposal, monitor site expenditures.
* May develop procedure manuals, planning documents. May train others. Adhere to established work schedule with regular attendance.Follow all Briscoe guidelines, policy and procedure and ethics. Other duties as assigned. Must be able to lift 50lbs.