AFHA is seeking an applicant for a full time, one year AmeriCorps position. Position pays a yearly living stipend of $12,530 with a $5,730 education award after successful completion.
Regional Tourism Coordinator, Wardensville/Moorefield, WV
The Institute for Rural Entrepreneurship and Economic Development (IREED) of Eastern WV Community and Technical College is seeking an AmeriCorps member to serve as Regional Tourism Outreach Coordinator to assist in the development of a regional tourism program centered in the Potomac Highlands of West Virginia (Hardy, Hampshire, Mineral, Tucker, Grant and Pendleton counties). While recognizing the uniqueness of each county, this project will focus on tourism as a regional effort, on a collaborative basis, identifying existing assets and developing new ones, creating entrepreneurial opportunities, and marketing the Potomac Highlands Region.
The program will include:
- Establishing a Regional Tourism Council (RTC)
- Creating a regional resource and assets inventory
- Developing a regional brand, greater regional awareness and a social media marketing plan
- Researching the potential of a regional cultural/arts trail
Tasks will include:
- Research and data collection for stakeholders and assets
- Community Outreach and Volunteer Management
- Reach out to key contacts in each county, including presentations to key groups
- Help organize the Regional Tourism Council to bring stakeholders together
- Attend local, regional, and state events and conferences, for outreach and training
- Marketing and Promotion
- With RTC and stakeholders, help develop regional tourism marketing strategy
- Develop media list, write and disseminate press releases
- Coordinate social media to connect with target audience
Through assistance in the various aspects of the regional tourism program, the member will have the opportunity to learn about the tourism industry, organizational, program and asset development, team building and marketing. Candidate should have strong interpersonal and communication skills in small and large groups, and be organized, detailed oriented, able to multi-task and manage priorities. Must have own transportation for substantial local and regional travel, and will require some evening and weekend duties.