Hours: 40 hrs/week for three months (Summer 2017)
Reports to: Dan Everhart, Preservation Programs Manager
Location: Restore Oregon office (1130 SW Morrison, Suite 318, Portland, OR 97205)
Application Deadline: March 1, 2017 (submit resume and cover letter to dan@RestoreOregon.org)
Start Date: To Be Determined
Role: Provide direct support for Restore Oregonís education, advocacy, and communication programs. Research,
data entry, event support, peer review, and general assistance to help achieve organization mission. Embody
Restore Oregonís values and receive valuable on-the-job training.
- Provide research and general support for preservation programs staff.
- Author stories for the Restore Oregon Newsroom.
- Enter and manage data in various databases.
- Review and copy-edit communications, including emails, letters, newsletters, preservation booklets, white
papers, and special publications.
- Compile and provide reports, minutes, and agendas on an as-needed basis.
- Assist with successful delivery of Restore Oregon events.
- Provide occasional assistance at site visits, meetings, and field work within and outside of the Portland
- Work with Executive Director, Director of Development, and Office Manager to execute tasks as assigned
Experience & Skills Required:
- Training in historic preservation or related field.
- Background in practical writing a plus.
- Office software experience, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Oral presentation and verbal communication abilities.
Education & Background Requirements:
- Completion of least two years of full-time college coursework; four years preferred.
- Current student or recent graduate (within past 12 months) of an undergraduate or graduate program in
historic preservation or related field.
Physical Requirements: Work is accomplished in an office setting. This requires the ability to manage information in
electronic formats and to accomplish the work in a sedentary setting. Ability to work with electronic display of information.