John G. Waite Associates, Architects PLLC is seeking a full time Marketing Director to join our firm in Albany, NY. The successful candidate will be creative, collaborative, adaptable in the face of deadlines, and possess a positive, can-do attitude. Major duties include proposal creation, coordination of various marketing tasks, and developing and editing copy. The Marketing Director will work directly with all levels of staff during the course of proposal development. This position requires a motivated, flexible, strong-minded team player, who is able to able to manage on-going projects, as well as last-minute tasks with narrow time constraints. The ideal candidate will take direction well, while being able to contribute new ideas and solutions. The Marketing Director must be able to demonstrate skill at writing, editing and proofreading copy for proposals, interview presentations, reports, statements of qualifications, and other marketing materials. Day to day work is a mix of independent tasks and working with a team.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
· Identify and track new business development opportunities via RFP search and networking with existing team partners
· Create proposals and statements of qualifications working in collaboration with technical/project management staff
· Establish and manage deadlines
· Lead bi-monthly business development meetings with senior staff
· Maintain database of client, subcontractor, and industry contacts
· Update and maintain proposal and business development calendar
· Server as primary contact for teaming/information requests from partner consulting firms
· Create and maintain staff resumes, qualifications, project sheets, staff photos and other marketing collateral libraries as assigned
· Assist with special projects and content development, including but not limited to: project interviews, presentations, corporate intranet, etc.
· Assist in maintaining and creating content for corporate social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
· Support corporate email marketing efforts (i.e. press releases, email blasts, etc)
· Help maintain the firm's corporate website by regularly updating content, staff bios, news posts, etc.
· Format, proof, and finalize all outgoing documents including proposals, reports, client correspondence and other project-specific communications as assigned
· Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or technical related field
· 5-10 years marketing experience within the A/E/C industry (specific historic preservation experience a plus).
· Experience in the production of marketing materials and graphics.
Proficiency in desktop publishing software - InDesign and Photoshop, as well as MS Office and Contribute.