The Prospect Park Alliances small Design and Construction Department is currently seeking a full time intermediate level temporary Preservation Architect to work on two restoration projects for a period of six months. The projects include the restoration of the Lefferts House, a 1783 Dutch farmhouse and the restoration of the Prospect Park Carousel, a turn of the century Coney Island carousel housed in a 1950s era building. The ideal candidate will have experience working on preservation projects similar to these projects and have an understanding of NYC Landmarks procedures. Candidates will have the opportunity to work on all facets of the design work. The Design and Construction Department currently consists of three landscape architects, two architects, a construction supervisor and an archivist.
Under the direction of the Senior Architect, the Preservation Architect will work as part of the Design and Construction team on these two projects.
Responsibilities will include:
· Planning, design and detailing of these restoration projects
· Preparation of architectural drawings for inclusion in contract documents
· Preparation of specifications for inclusion in contract documents
· Drafting, rendering, illustration, and hand sketching
· Conducting site visits and field measurements of existing buildings
Qualifications and Requirements:
· BA or MA in Architecture or Preservation Architecture
· 3-5 years of professional office experience working on preservation / restoration projects
· Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe InDesign & Photoshop, Microsoft Office
· Excellent graphic skills
· Experience creating construction drawings sets and details
· Experience writing specifications
· Ability to work well in a small close-knit studio environment
· Excellent communication skills
The Preservation Architect position is full-time and will last for a period of six months.
The Prospect Park Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Although we appreciate your interest, we will only contact applicants we are considering for interview.