The West Harlem Program and Marketing Intern will assist in the development, execution, and marketing of West Harlem Community Preservation's spring conference and marketing. Conference is organized with the Historic District Council's annual event. The intern will help core leadership team with assessing the current communication systems and building the organization's visibility, outreach, and impact.
The internship is a career development opportunity designed to give emerging professionals a venue for learning and improving skills in public program development, community engagement; marketing, and evaluation.
Length of Position: 3-4 months
Schedule: 8-10 hours per week
Responsibilities include assisting staff
- Assess and develop organizational and marketing structure
- Research outreach strategies and cultivate relationships with new community members
- Expand marketing base and create social media structured around public engagement
- Document and participate in program evaluation and recommend strategies for improvement
- Provide general administrative support
Resourceful, creative, detail-oriented and results-driven team player
Organizational skills are a must
Works well under project deadlines
Strong communication skills like writing for different mediums.
Ability to work well with others as well as independently
Computer experience in Microsoft Office, Excel, Adobe Suite, PowerPoint and social media
Background in historic preservation, architecture, museum studies, history, anthropology, communication or other related field desirable, but not required
Bilingual a plus