Position: Operations Support Internship
Position Type: Term
Reports to: Director of Operations
HistoriCorps is seeking an enthusiastic intern to help us build capacity to conduct historic preservation projects on public lands by engaging volunteers, students, youth and Veterans. Intern will gain valuable professional experience in an exciting, fast-paced nonprofit environment.
About HistoriCorps: HistoriCorps saves and sustains historic places for public benefit through partnerships that foster public involvement, engage volunteers and provide training and education. Since 2009, HistoriCorps has worked in 24 states, preserving over 200 historic buildings and structures on public lands, all accomplished with the generous contribution of nearly 100,000 volunteer hours.
Operations Support: Approximately 40 hours/week
- Clean, organize, and take inventory of tools & safety equipment;
- Enter all inventoried data into spreadsheets;
- Assist Projects & Operations Manager in ordering & purchasing replacement tools & equipment;
- Assist Projects & Operations Manager in ordering & purchasing project supplies & materials;
- Assist Projects & Operations Manager with small carpentry projects;
- Clean and organize trucks and trailers;
- Drop off and pick-up trucks and trailers for routine maintenance;
- Deliver supplies & materials to projects;
- Join crews on projects when requested, with occasional overnight camping required;
- Tasks as requested and assigned by Projects & Operations Manager.
- Must know Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel)
- Must have valid drivers license
- Must have and be willing to use personal camping equipment
- Must have and be willing to use personal vehicle (mileage will be reimbursed)
- Must have and be willing to use personal cell phone; partial monthly subsidy based upon percent of usage
- Positive attitude, energetic, and good with people
- Passion for HistoriCorps mission
- Self-starter and aptitude for anticipating supervisors needs and getting it done without constant supervision
- Good organizational and time management skills
Time commitment: 40hrs/week; part-time commitment possible for students until semester ends.
Preferred start date: April 15, 2017
Preferred end date: September 1, 2017
Please send resume, letter of interest (maximum 400 words) and list of two references to Liz Rice at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled.
HistoriCorps® is committed to equal opportunity and equal treatment for all qualified individuals based on individual merit and capability. Our commitment applies without regard to race, color, religion or creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any factors identified and protected by federal, state and local law.