ARCHITECTURAL HISTORIAN NEEDED
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Contract position: 3-6 months
- We are currently seeking an Architectural Historian for a contracted position in the Costa Mesa area with one of our clients.
- The responsibilities will consist of researching, preparing exhibits, finalizing reports, tracking notifications and deliverables, occasional site visits and conveying necessary information to all parties involved on projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Conducting preliminary research of projects including review of provided documents, online review of aerial photographs and available maps and interviewing site contacts and/or government officials.
Assisting in the research and preparation of exhibits and reports for NEPA Assessments, Section 106 reports, and other environmental studies.
Editing and finalizing deliverables to clients. This will include good proof reading skills, knowledge of formatting in word and comfort with PDFing programs.
Submission and tracking of notifications and deliverables to clients, various government agencies and other interested parties.
Conducting site visits to support the completion of NEPA Assessments, Section 106 reports, and other environmental studies.
Familiarization with client specific scopes of work, guidelines and preferences so as to deliver outstanding customer service through timely response and proactive solutions to their needs.
- BA/MA in Architectural History, Historic Preservation, or a closely-related subject
- Prior experience with Section 106, NEPA reports, and other environmental studies along with an understanding of federal, state and/or local environmental requirements is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Access, Adobe Acrobat (Photoshop a plus), Google Earth and other mapping programs along with excellent writing, organization, and communication skills are a must.