The Executive Director is the chief administrative officer for Landmarks Foundation. The position provides innovative leadership, expertise, and overall strategic direction for Landmarks Foundation and promotes the Landmarks vision in the community. The position oversees the operation, promotion, and preservation of Old Alabama TownMontgomery's premier living history museum, which encompasses 50 historic structures in its museum complex and also includes 19 commercially leased properties.
The position also manages approximately 12 Employees and a budget of approximately $915,000. This is a full-time position, requiring 40+ hours per week depending on the season. Compensation is competitive with salary and benefits.
Preferred qualifications and skills include:
· Advanced degree in Humanities, Education, Management, Business Administration, or a related field
· Non-profit experience
· Grant writing, fundraising, and the ability to recruit corporate sponsors and individual donors
· Demonstrated skills in recruiting, effectively managing, and retaining volunteers
· Experience in project management, operations management, and/or event planning
· Respect for and interest in historic preservation, museums, conservation, education, and heritage tourism.