Development Associate works to preserve and protect buildings that have architectural, historic, or civic value through Historic Albany Foundations (HAF) three major programs technical assistance, education, and advocacy. This position is under the direction, and reports to, the Executive Director.
Development Associate is responsible for the management, coordination and implementation of the Development and Communications Programs for Historic Albany Foundation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Data Analytics & Reporting
· Manages and directs Administrative Coordinator, to utilize, update and provide reports from donor database.
· Manages and utilizes the online donor database.
· Provides monthly fundraising reports to Board, Exec Dir and on an as-needed basis.
· Gives feedback to the Development Committee on goal setting, achieving, plan, etc.
· Develop a plan including donor asks with follow ups and methods to track asks, coordinating appointments with Development Committee and Executive Director.
· Work with Administrative Coordinator to track corporate gifts, memberships, donations. Work with Director of Preservation Services, Executive Director, Preservation and Program Associate and staff to track grants and seek new granting opportunities.
· For foundation, corporation, and individual donors; manage the categories of foundation and corporation giving and memberships.
· Uses development plan with metrics as guide to daily work flow and schedule.
· Is aware of financial needs for operating budget, buildings, other programs and works to achieve those goals.
· With Director of Preservation Services, and staff, provides research on donors & donor base, special grants & foundation giving
· With Executive Director, develops timelines and campaigns around goals and HAF events, capital campaigns.
Membership, Programming & Events
· In coordination with Special Event committees and other staff, plan & execute special events such as A Moveable Feast, BUILT, Holiday House Tour, and House and Garden Tour.
· Works with Development Committee to strategize best practices to solicit new members and maintain a satisfactory renewal rate for existing members. Manage membership initiatives.
· Help Director of Preservation Services and Preservation and Program Associate in planning & executing tour series and other programs. Create seasonal calendars of events.
· Work with partners on the Statewide Historic Preservation Conference, every other year in the Capital Region.
Outreach & Communications