Do you love raising money for causes you feel passionate about? Do you want to make a tangible difference in the world? Do you want to work at an organization with passionate staff and donors? Finally, do you have a real passion for preserving Americas history by saving endangered Civil War, Revolutionary War, and War of 1812 battlefields?
We are looking for a new Development team member who, first and foremost, loves building relationships and cultivating members of our major donor societies: The Color Bearers (those who give a $1,000-$25,000/year membership gift to the Civil War) and The Standard Bearers (those who give a $1,000-$25,000/year membership gift to the Revolutionary War, War of 1812 through our Campaign 1776 program). These generous individuals love our organization and love our mission, and the Development Manager will work closely with them to ensure that they continue to support battlefield preservation.
The Development Manager for Giving Societies is responsible for all aspects of the Color Bearer and Standard Bearer membership programs. The Development Manager will:
· Plan and prepare a series of innovative marketing campaigns designed to acquire new Color Bearers and Standard Bearers.
· Design other creative ways to get more individuals to join the Color Bearers and Standard Bearers.
· Create and implement a plan to upgrade existing Color Bearers and Standard Bearers to higher membership levels.
· Increase retention of existing Color Bearers and Standard Bearers through stewardship, cultivation, customer service, acknowledgement letters, and renewals.
· Oversee all administrative aspects of the program.
· Exceptional work ethic, attention to detail, initiative, polished professionalism, creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, proficiency on all Microsoft Office programs, and the requirement to excel as part of a highly functioning and collegial team.
· Previous experience in membership fundraising (2-5+ years) highly preferred, but demonstrated success in other business or professional fields will be (definitely) considered.