PRESERVATION PROJECT MANAGER
To manage the facilities and resources of the PSNC heritage to ensure the long term viability of the buildings. While the position has a practical focus, the incumbent is not required to personally provide maintenance in all instances but to manage trades-people who have the specific skills required for the job.Proven management and leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to motivate, direct and provide effective and positive communication with employees.
PRIMARY WORK SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week. Primary schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm, however hours and days may vary in order to meet the operational needs of the organization. Special projects or events may require occasional evening or weekend work. Responsible to provide assistance during emergency situations.
- Advanced knowledge of plumbing and septic systems, oil/gas heating systems, chimney and electrical maintenance and repair with emphasis on historic architecture.
- Test and report the safe usage and handling of hazardous materials.
- Possess fundamental ability to track expenditures and maintain a budget.
- Flexibility to work independently, and in team settings.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to exercise good judgment.
- Integrity, credibility and dedication expected when interacting with PSNC tenants and outside contractors.
- Must follow all rules and regulations in the PSNC Personnel Policy and Safety Program.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities while maintaining a flexible behavior and approach towards assignments.
- Must possess a valid Drivers License with clean driving record.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Review and assess work order requests in an equitable and prioritized way assigning and overseeing Maintenance Dept staffs daily and weekly duties, based upon a sense of urgency.
· Advise the Properties Director of any potential problems in meeting assigned project schedules or potential budget shortfalls.
· Interact both orally and in writing with all PSNC departments, subordinates, contractors and committees.
· Authorize purchase of necessary materials within the scope of work and budget guidelines.
· Recommend and oversee all maintenance staff hiring, disciplinary actions, and annual reviews.
· Forecast and design a short and long term program associated with the building services, facilities and equipment to proactively prevent and anticipate for potential upcoming maintenance and emergency situations that may arise.
· Assist in the development and operation of maintenance recording systems including timeline tracking, costs, and outcomes to ensure that work is carried out within agreed parameters and organizational priorities.
· Review and develop processes and procedures associated with regular maintenance tasks that ensure for minimal interruption to the daily operations within the building.
· Manage the projects and maintenance program for all aspects of the buildings in conjunction with the Director of Properties.