As a growing firm, we are currently seeking a Job Captain with 3 to 5 years of professional experience with historic preservation or rehabilitation of existing buildings.
Job Captain candidates should be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of, and experience with, the following:
· Understand both exterior and interior construction detailing and be able to communicate clearly with team members and sub-consultants
· Preparation of construction documents in collaboration with project manager and drafters
· Participate in CAD drafting standards and protocols
· Experience in all phases of the building code and planning processes, design detailing, construction documents, and construction administration
· Ability to develop drawing sets, submittal milestones, basis of design, perform code research
· An understanding of the California Historical Building Code (CHBC) and Secretary of Interior's Standards for Rehabilitation (SISR) is preferable.
- Bachelors degree in Architecture
Highly accurate AutoCAD AND Revit drafting skills are required (Our office currently uses AutoCAD LT 2009 & 2013, Revit 2013 and Architectural Desktop 2006).
- Exceed Secretary of Interiors Historic Preservation Professional Qualification Standards for Architectural History (http://www.cr.nps.gov/local-law/arch_stnds_9.htm)
- Solid client communication skills
- Excellent writing and editing abilities
- Keen sense of project timelines and budgets
- Comfort with a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team work environment