The Executive Director (E.D.) will possess the following characteristics and qualifications:
1. Strong interpersonal skills to enhance the MCHS within the community and among individuals.
2. Demonstrated background in strategic planning,fundraising,personnel supervision and evaluation,budgetpreparation and management,marketing and program implementation.
3. Bachelor's degree in related field.
4. Show initiative, creativity and dedication to move society forward in a sustainable positive direction.
5. Effective communication skills both verbal and written.
6. Ability to work equally well with board members,staff,volunteers and visitors in a mature and pleasant manner.
7. Minimum of 4 years managing a paid staff and 2 years of experience supervising volunteers.
8. Strong computer skills in writing,time management,administrative and financial management. (Knowledge of PastPerfect and donor management software desired)
9. Experience working in a non-profit organization related to museums,archival or historic sites is preferred.
10. Working knowledge of websites,social media,and database marketing.
The E.D. is responsible for the overall administration of the Society and will act with broad authority to develop mission- appropriate education programs and a play a key-role in fundraising and budget management. More specific duties are listedbelow.
1. Assures that the MCHS has a long-range strategy for advancing its mission along with annually updated goals andplans for achieving consistent and timely progress.
2. Provides leadership in developing programs,projects and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff; works with President to prepare the monthly Board meeting agenda,and carries out authorizedplans and policies.
3. Leads MCHS in progressive management,historic preservation,exhibits and archiving.
4. Responsible for day-to-day operations by planning,developing and executing museum and visitor servicesincluding special exhibits,programs,collection management and tours.
5. Works with Board to recruit,develop and engage Board members to meet current and future needs of the MCHS.
6. Implement all policies and directives as set forth by the Board. Responsible for regular communication andfeedback with the Board providing sufficient and up-to-date information that will assist the Board in decision-making.
7. Oversees all funds development planning and implementation,including identifying resource requirements researching funding sources and submission of grant request and funding proposals to ensure adequate operatingfunds.
8. Works with Board to prepare a budget and sees that the Society operates within budget guidelines.
9. Ensures local,state and federal compliance with all not-for-profit regulations.
10. Oversees staffing activities both paid and volunteers, including coordination of volunteer committees.
11. Works with Membership Committee to develop plans,objectives and strategies to build and maintain a strongmembership base.
12. Works with Board Treasurer to assure quarterly and annual reports to membership are prepared anddistributed.
13. Develops and implements cost effective marketing plans and activities including the website content and use ofsocial media.
14. Acts as chief spokesperson of the Society by coordinating and collaborating with area community groups,schoolsand organizations as appropriate, and maintains a highly visible presence in the community.
15. Any other duties as assigned by the MCHS Board.
Strong writing and presentation skills
Passion for local