Growing non-profit with a full-time staff of 7 and annual budget of approx. $1,000,000 seeks a highly-organized and dedicated self-starter to help direct the organizations outreach to and interface with the public, and to plan and execute our public programs.
· planning and coordinating programs and events for members and the general public
· on-site management of public programs and special events
· designing printed and electronic materials
· Administer all aspects of organizations website including content updates and design, and help to lead website re-design
· Design and format e-newsletter and other electronic communications
· management and recruitment of interns and volunteers
· assistance with logistics for special fundraising events
· Help to manage and expand social media communications and presence
· Help to design other interactive platforms including apps.
Applicant should have a BA and a strong interest in the educational, research, programming, preservation, and advocacy work of the Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation.
Applicant should have experience with website management and design, electronic and printed materials design, social media, and designing communications with membership and the general public. Strong writing skills a must, as well as strong organizational skills and a proven track record of managing and completing projects in a fast-paced work environment. Applicant must be a fast worker, able to juggle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and maintain flexibility.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Blackbaud, Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop, InDesign, and Dreamweaver), HTML/CSS, Wordpress, mass email communication tools, is critical. Familiarity with Quickbooks, SketchUp, GIS, and digital video editing is also helpful. 40+ hrs./week, with occasional weekend and evening work. Compensation package includes full medical benefits, vacation, etc.