Duties and Responsibilities of Executive Director
1. † † † Prepare monthly Executive Committee and quarterly Board Meeting agendas for approval by President. Attend all Executive Committee and Board Meetings and be prepared to report on the status of both operations and projects. †Remind committee chairs to submit their reports prior to the Board Meeting.
2. † † † Assure that new memberships are properly entered and that the membership database is monitored and maintained. †This may a direct responsibility or one that, at a future date, is supervised by the Executive Director. Membership responsibilities will also include overseeing membership renewals with a goal of maintaining a high retention rate.
3. † † † Identify and apply for pertinent financial grants that support our projects and organization.
4. † † † Communicate no less than monthly with the Membership through MailChimp and/or print mail, of upcoming events and programming.
5. † † † Prepare annual report. †Primary responsibility for content will be with the Executive Director with input from the President and Executive Committee. †
6. † † † Update BHS website on a regular basis to include the status of BHS projects, programming and events, as well as to upload content from the oral history interviews.
7. † † † Work with all BHS Committee Chairs including:
i)Suggesting, Developing, Planning and Executing educational events quarterly with Program Committee involvement
ii)Working with the Special Events Committee in planning and executing two major fundraising events each year
iii)Monitoring (and attending when necessary) maintenance activities related to Harmony Grove and Mt. Olive Cemeteries
iv)Furthering the goals of the Oral History Program by assisting with identifying contacts, following up with Oral History Committee to set hard dates for interviews, coordinating transcript preparation and uploading and distributing the interviews. †Maintaining camera and recording equipment in proper working order
v)Working with the Membership Committee to identify and grow membership roster
†8. † Supervise administrative staff and/or interns, when applicable.
9. † Interface with the community by speaking to community groups about Buckhead Heritage Society.†
10. † Assist with Special Projects as they arise.
11. † Assist with implementation of Buckhead Story lines project if directed by the Board and Executive Committee.†
12. Be the outward face of the organization within the community and with aligned organizations (Buckhead CID, Liveable Buckhead, Cherokee Garden Club, Atlanta History Center, Heritage Sandy Springs, Georgia Trust, etc.)†