ERM is seeking highly motivated and experienced Project Archaeologist to join our global consulting firm as part of our cultural heritage team. Based in Duluth, GA., the successful candidate will provide project management and technical assistance for archaeological desk and field studies for clients both within the United States and internationally.
· Produce cost estimates, write proposals, and work closely with the ERM proposal team on Request for Proposals (RFPs).
· Work with ERM project managers and clients to coordinate project-related tasks and provide guidance on tactical, strategic, and regulatory issues for the duration of the project.
· Participate in agency consultations, client contacts, and site visits; and participate in project management responsibilities, and monthly progress reports.
· Assist with the development of project plans and schedules.
· Work with ERM field coordinators to mobilize and organize field crews, monitor fieldwork progress, and adjust the field crew size and location according to project needs.
· Work with the Lab Director to organize artifact analysis needs and schedule.
· Senior report author and responsible for delegating report components to the relevant staff.
· Project work will involve travel (up to approximately 30 percent of the time) for field work, site visits, environmental training, project team meetings, and/or agency meetings.
· Bachelors or Masters degree in Anthropology or related field.
· 7+ years of related consulting experience.
· Thorough working knowledge of GPS technology, GIS, and related programs such as ArcMap, TerraSync, and Pathfinder Office.
· Thorough working knowledge of MS Office Suite software programs.
· Strong oral and written communication skills, detailed oriented, and recognized organizational abilities.
· Self-motivated, quick learning, and flexible with a common-sense approach to conducting business and workload management.