The JHHSM seeks a part-time Development Director to work with the Executive Director and Board of Directors on planning and coordinating all aspects of fundraising and public relations for the organization. The Development Director will build and execute a development plan appropriate for our organization and community. This individual will provide direction for all fundraising initiatives including special events, membership, major gifts, planned giving, sponsorships, capital campaigns, and grant writing. This position requires active participation and knowledge of the local Jackson Hole community with an emphasis on organizational growth and increased exposure in the community.
· In collaboration with ED and Board, develop and execute JHHSMs annual and multi-year fundraising plans to reach organizational goals.
· Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations by identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major donors.
· Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors, including regular communication and outreach.
· Manage donor tracking systems (PastPerfect), may require data entry and gift processing.
· Coordinate special events in conjunction with other staff.
· Collaborate on grant writing including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
· Oversee marketing & branding maintain media contacts, write press releases, create marketing materials, oversee social media accounts.
· B.A. (required), M.A. (a plus)
· Three-plus years of experience in non-profit management and/or development
· Knowledge of and experience with fundraising techniques
· Demonstrated excellence in organizational, writing, and communication skills
· Must take initiative, be goal driven, and exhibit follow-through must be able to work independently and on a team
· Computer literate, knowledge of fundraising software
· Interested in the history of Jackson Hole and inspired by the JHHSM mission
This position is scheduled to be part-time. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience/qualifications.