- The qualified candidate must meet the Secretary of the Interiors (SOI) standards for archaeologist.
- Candidates must have a MA in anthropology, archaeology, and/or closely related discipline.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5-10 years of experience as a principal investigator and at least 5 years of professional in-field archaeology experience.
- Maritime archaeological experience is required.
- Candidates must have experience supervising and conducting field surveys in New Jersey and surrounding metro area.
- The qualified candidate must possess knowledge and project experience working with applicable federal (most specifically Section 106 and 110 of the National Historic Preservation Act), and New Jersey state regulations.
- Experience working with NJDOT is a plus as well as experience conducting archaeological monitoring during construction.
- Candidates must have conducted Phase IA, IB and II field investigations and previously authored cultural resource documentation for federal level review.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberrys background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.