1. A masters degree from an accredited university in Anthropology, American History or American Studies, with a minimum of 24 graduate credits in anthropological archaeology plus a minimum of 16 weeks supervised training in basic archaeological field research. All candidates must also have at least one year of full-time paid experience directly related to the duties of the position; or
2. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" above.
· Curation experience;
· Expertise with New York City archaeological artifacts and especially with ceramics;
· Ability to work independently;
· Experience with database maintenance and management;
· Excellent writing and oral communication skills;
· Excellent organizational skills;
· Cultural Resource Management experience.
The Research Center will only respond to qualified candidates.