· Support the Board of Directors by providing thoughtful and thorough explanations of issues and interests pertinent to the Board. Identify risks, challenges, and improvements: organizational, financial, legal, community, or deviation from our goals and charter. Produce recommendations based on knowledge and experience.
· Assure KWA has a long-range strategy aligned with the Mission and Charter to achieve the intent of the KWA in a timely and consistent manner.
· Provide leadership in developing programs, committees, organizational and financial plans with the Board and volunteers, and carry out the plans and policies approved by the Board.
· Act as advocate for KWA and neighborhood in the community; represent the KWA at public meetings as authorized by the President and Board. Provide timely reports and recommendations to the Board.
· Maintain liaison with San Antonio City Departments, Lavaca Neighborhood Association and other Southtown entities.
· Provide oversight to KWA staff, currently four part-time positions; three in support of the King William Fair and one in support of the Association. Also, provide oversight to KWA contractor staff, currently including a bookkeeper. Assign work to Association staff member. Ensure position descriptions and evaluations are kept current.
· Jointly, with the President and Secretary, establish Board meeting agendas; attend to all needed actions and carry out Board directed actions. Conduct official KWA correspondence and jointly, with designated officers, execute legal documents.
· Maintain official records, documents, and policies by establishing general office procedures to ensure all records are accessible and are in compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
· Establish and maintain manuals that codify KWA activities and procedures, including personnel and committee manuals.
· Provide organizational and administrative support to Committee Chairs. Facilitate timely committee reports to the Board and membership.
· Maintain close communication with the King William Fair Chair to provide continuity from year to year.
· Develop and maintain sound financial operational practices.
· Work with the Treasurer and Finance Committee to prepare budgets, ensure the KWA operates within the budget, and assist in preparing for audits/reviews as needed.
· Keep the Board fully informed on the condition of the organization and important factors influencing it.
· Publicize the activities of the KWA and promote its programs and goals.
· Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations.
· Represent the KWA to agencies, organizations, government, and the general public as authorized by the President and the Board
· Recruit volunteers and maximize their contribution to the organization.
· Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Microsoft Outlook
· Bachelors Degree in Business or Public Administration, Urban Planning, Historic Preservation or related field
· Minimum of two years of experience in non-profit sector management
· Experience working with boards or commissions
· Experience working with diverse group of volunteers and ability to engage participation
· Strong inter-personal and time management skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong public speaking ability
· Demonstrated interest in and commitment to needs of inner city historic district and community development, acting as ambassador for the KWA
· Flexibility in 40 hour work schedule
Work is primarily performed in the King William Association office.
Out of office meetings are required.
Evening and weekend work is required at least twice a month.
Extended hours are sometimes required.