Serves as Architectural Reviewer. Reviews tax incentives, grants, and environmental review (Section 106) projects for consistency with SOI Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties. Assists coordinating and managing the tax incentives programs application process and project files. Implements procedures and policies for administering tax incentive programs in coordination with program staff and supervisors. Provides preservation and rehabilitation guidance to program applicants. Supports lead-in and other program areas by providing expertise in interpreting the SOI Standards, identifying historic character, evaluating historic integrity, and reviewing applicable reports, documents, and other data. Provides technical assistance, provides information to the public, makes presentations, and conducts site visits as necessary. Participates in special projects as necessary.
Bachelor's degree in natural resource management, environmental science, historical preservation or a closely related field from an accredited college or university
One year of experience in a directly related field.
Two years of experience required at the lower level Curator/Preservationist 2 (NRP031) or position equivalent.
Preference may be given to applicants with multiple and advanced degrees that include Historic Preservation or applicable closely-related field in combination with a degree in architecture, architectural history, building construction, or related design field and experience in one or more of the following:
- Reviewing state and federal tax incentive program and/or Section 106 compliance projects for consistency with SOI Standards
- Working with at least one other core SHPO program area such as Section 106 review, Certified Local Governments, or National Register on a consultant basis or as agency staff
- Working with property owners regarding preservation and rehabilitation issues
- Conducting historic resource surveys
- Developing or working with GIS
- Working with databases or other electronic information file systems