Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assist in the development, execution and review of all K-12th grade civics education programs.
· Conduct research for use in core programmatic areas: civics and history with possible opportunities in preservation and collections.
· Interpret the site by leading tours of the Davis Mansion and the Winmill Carriage Collection.
· Aid in Visitor Center management including welcoming visitors, taking admissions, processing gift shop purchases, managing gift shop inventory and maintaining a neat, clean environment.
· Must be available to work weekends and possibly some holidays.
· This is considered a full-time position and is eligible for full-time benefits package.
Knowledge & Skills:
· Working knowledge of best-practices in guiding student-directed inquiry and ability to differentiate instruction.
· Understanding of Virginia Standards of Learning, Project Based Learning, 21st Century Learning and other current education pedagogy.
· Prior experience working with children in an educational capacity.
· Ability to work in a courteous, professional manner with employees, students, clients, and the general public. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
· Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
· Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
· Possess a strong attention to detail.
· Ability to lift 40 pounds, bending, kneeling, stooping, climbing and standing for long periods of time.
· Possession of a Bachelors degree in Education, Museum Studies, History, American Studies, Public History or a related field.
· Possession of a valid drivers license.
· Successful pass of background check.