The Executive Director is responsible for coordinating activity within Downtown Concord that utilizes historic preservation as an integral foundation for downtown economic development.
He/She is responsible for the development, conduct, execution, and documentation of the Concord Main Street program. The Executive Director is the principal on-site staff person responsible for coordinating all program activities locally, as well as for representing the community regionally and nationally as appropriate. In addition, the Executive Director should help guide the organization as it grows and as its objectives evolve.
All candidates must have the following:
- Undergraduate degree in a field related to economic development, planning, construction, design, or any other field(s) that relate directly to the above job description
- Minimum two years of experience as a manager of a Main Street program or downtown revitalization program
- Direct or indirect experience in property development OR direct experience in managing an independently-owned business
Candidates must have the following characteristics:
- be sensitive to design and preservation issues
- understand the issues confronting downtown business people, property owners, public agencies, and community organizations
- be entrepreneurial, energetic, imaginative, well organized, and capable of functioning effectively in an independent situation
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills
The full job description may be found here: https://www.concorddowntown.com/Portals/0/Job%20Advertisement%20Executive%20Director%20final.pdf