SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS: This position is responsible for all of the general marketing for the DeKalb History Center and for coordinating DHC volunteers in various departments.
The Marketing & Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for marketing DHC programs, products, event rentals, memberships, and services, and works with other staff members so that all marketing is organized, intentional, effective, and sustainable. This is a new position and duties may be changed according to organizational needs. This staff person will work with our contract graphic artist to create new marketing materials and enhance existing communications pieces, in addition to producing marketing pieces in-house. He or she will be in charge of most social media and updates to the website in coordination with other staff, who will provide some content.
The Volunteer Coordinator portion of this position is also new and requires collaboration with other staff members. He or she will coordinate and track existing volunteers as needed, and recruit new volunteers for the Museum and programs. She or he will develop, promote and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities within the organization and be responsible for staffing the Museum on Saturdays from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm with volunteer help.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Increase awareness of DHCs services, programs, resources, and membership
· Maintain a consistent brand and message for the DHC across all marketing platforms
· Design or commission promotional materials for programs, membership, rentals, and archives (membership brochures, newsletter, invitations, etc.)
· Collect, refine, edit and distribute PR materials from other staff members to various media outlets including DHCs broadcast emails
· Manage and grow existing or new DHC social media accounts; ensure that the mix of posts and news represents DHCs mission and members
· Coordinate the design and implementation of a new website with input from all staff. Maintain and update existing and future website with consistency, branding, and messaging in mind
· Develop new marketing opportunities and improve existing strategies
· Monitor various review sites such as TripAdvisor, The Knot and Yelp
· Develop and maintain volunteer descriptions, policies, procedures and standards of volunteer service including background checks when needed
· Conduct and/or arrange for volunteer orientation and training
· Ensure volunteers are in place to support the various areas of operations, to include the museum, special events, fundraising, exhibits, and education
· Schedule most of the volunteers who help the DHC
· Maintain accurate records, statistics, and reports on volunteer participation
· Organize and participate in volunteer recognition programs and special events