Quality Services, Inc. is seeking one or more experienced cultural resource management specialist/archeologists. Qualified candidates should have experience planning and managing projects and teams. Required tasks include conducting surveys, recording cultural resources, testing or excavating archeological sites and areas with potential for buried archeological resources, analyzing artifacts and materials, consulting with state and federal agencies and tribes, writing and reviewing reports, and customer service.
Quality Services, Inc is a small business with primary office in Rapid City, SD, that deals with a multiple types of projects in all sizes. We work in over 30 states in support of a variety of industries, services, government agencies, and clients, completing over 700 projects per year.
Applicants must be capable to walk up to 10 hours per day in rough terrain carrying up to 40 lbs. and be able to sit, stoop, bend, and climb, and to use hand tools, shovels, screening and other field equipment. Fieldwork may be in variable weather conditions throughout the year. Overnight ravel is a requirement of the job.
· Bachelors degree in archeology, anthropology, or a closely related field
· Experience in similar work
· Basic knowledge of soils and sediments
· Report and documents writing experience
· Strong technical writing and oral communication skills
· Self-motivated, positive, energetic, and the ability to work with and supervise teams
· Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations