Quality Services, Inc. and Beyond Environmental Services Technology are seeking one or more experienced cultural resource management specialist/archeologists. Qualified candidates must have experience planning and managing projects and teams. Required tasks include conducting surveys, recording cultural resources, testing or excavating archeological sites and areas with potential for buried archeological resources, analyzing artifacts and materials, consulting with state and federal agencies and tribes, writing and reviewing reports, NEPA analysis support document writing, and customer service.
Quality Services, Inc is a small business with primary office in Rapid City, SD, that deals with a multiple types of projects in all sizes. We work in over 30 states in support of a variety of industries, services, government agencies, and clients, completing over 700 projects per year.
Beyond Environmental Services Technology is a women-owned small business with an office in Rapid City, SD, specializing in archeological projects in South Dakota, Wyoming, and North Dakota.
Applicants must be capable to walk up to 10 hours per day in rough terrain carrying up to 40 lbs. and be able to sit, stoop, bend, and climb, and to use hand tools, shovels, screening and other field equipment. Fieldwork may be in variable weather conditions throughout the year. Overnight travel is a significant part of the job. Pay rate is DOE.
· Bachelors or Masters degree in archeology, anthropology, or a closely related field.
· Experience conducting archeological surveys in the Northern Plains states.
· Basic knowledge of soils and sediments.
· Report and documents writing experience.
· Valid drivers license.
· Strong technical writing and oral communication skills.
· Basic knowledge of ArcGIS 10.0 or higher.
· Self-motivated, positive, energetic, and the ability to work with and supervise teams.
· Ability to use iPads, Android tablets, and Trimble GPS equipment in the field.
· Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations.