Preservation Pennsylvania is seeking an experienced, energetic, creative, staff member to direct all aspects of the organizations fundraising in collaboration with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors. The Development Director will be based in Preservation Pennsylvanias office in Harrisburg (working remotely may be a possibility depending on location and ability to be in Harrisburg on a regular basis) and will be required to effectively represent the organization to potential and current donors, board and advisors, foundations, corporations, and the public at large. This position requires an individual with strong fundraising and marketing experience who is a collaborative problem solver, an energetic and effective communicator, capable of quality writing under deadline, and a good fit with the organizations staff and organizational culture. The Director must have the ability to successfully promote Preservation Pennsylvania and its programs to a diverse audience of supporters and potential donors. This position reports to the Executive Director and is supported by a shared Development and Advocacy Assistant. It is a full-time position and requires regular statewide travel to cultivate and solicit donors.
Direct all aspects of Preservation Pennsylvanias fundraising programs
· Work with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to create and implement the fundraising program annually.
· Create, implement and guide the implementation of a major fundraising initiative to grow the board-designated endowment, operating, and program funds.
· Identify, research, cultivate and solicit individual, corporate, government, and foundation donors through personal visits and written grant proposals.
· Coordinate and strengthen relationships with existing donors.
· Take the lead in soliciting sponsorships for all fundraising and program events.
THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Minimum 5 years experience in the development and successful implementation of overall fundraising plans.
· Creativity and the ability to be self-starter.
· Outstanding relationship-building skills.
· Ability to effectively multi-task under deadline.
· Strong public speaking skills and excellent ability to write persuasively.
· Confident budgeting and financial analysis skills.
· Strong proposal-writing skills.