The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has an immediate need to employ residents of the Durham, NC area as temporary local hires to assist with disaster response and recovery efforts. Local hire employees are local residents who aid in the recovery of the community and help their fellow citizens in the recovery process. Apply for this exciting opportunity!
FEMA is seeking candidates with experience in historic preservation.
In this position, you will provide subject matter expertise in historic preservation review, reports, compliance and assist other program specialists in the historic preservation review process. Typical assignments include:
- Collecting data on historic preservation considerations related to potential disaster impact.
- Identifying historic resource considerations (historic communities, landmarks, and properties, artifacts, museums, tribal concerns) in a Preliminary Damage Assessment (PDA).
- Making determinations for National Historic Preservation Act Section 106 compliance.
- Completing historic preservation reviews for the potential presence of, and impact to, historic properties.
- Providing technical assistance on historic preservation considerations to the incident management organization and external stakeholders.
Please see job announcement for more information and application instructions.