The Department of Economic and Community Development is recruiting for a Arts & Culture Administrator position. This is a unique management position suitable for a creative individual who has a passion for the arts, culture or preserving the historic assets of Connecticut. The incumbent is accountable for strengthening the state's cultural and historic-preservation community to foster the awareness and growth of Connecticut's historic and cultural assets in support of other agency initiatives that will promote economic and community development. This position is located at 450 Columbus Blvd., Hartford. It is full time, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, however, must be flexible in order to meet the needs of the agency.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
Considerable knowledge of and ability to apply management principles and techniques; considerable knowledge of relevant state and federal laws, statutes and regulations; knowledge of arts and culture; considerable interpersonal skills; considerable oral and written communication skills; ability to successfully coordinate arts and culture projects; ability to facilitate cooperation and partnership between various stakeholders.
Ten (10) years of professional experience in arts and culture program management.
- Managing a tax-credit program
- Managing a budget that contains at least $1 million of funds from federal or State grants
- Knowledge of budgeting and reporting requirements associated with federal and State programs for art programs
- Knowledge of Connecticut and federal tax credit programs in arts or historic preservation
- Ability to represent the agency on State and national organizations dedicated to the arts or cultural programs
- At least two (2) years of experience directing museum operations, an arts organization or equivalent experience
- A Bachelors/Masters of Fine Arts or related degree is preferred