Under the direction of the Director of the Department of Cultural & Historic Affairs and Museum Curator, the primary function of this position is to assist in the planning and execution of daily museum functions; including but not limited to exhibit installations, preservation of existing collections, guiding visitors and performing clerical and other museum-related duties as required and/or assigned.
· Welcomes visitors and responds to questions about the history of the site and its programming;
· Provides tours of the museum, buildings, and grounds to school and bus groups and engages the public with American, military, material, and cultural histories;
· Help prepare museum exhibits and collections for public display;
· Catalogue and conduct inventories of collections (including photographing and researching objects);
· Assist in the implementation of grant funded projects;
· Plans, organizes, and implements special events and exhibits at the historic site;
· Assist in the management of daily operations of the historic site;
· Develops, plans, and organizes promotional material for activities and events in conjunction with local community organizations, the media, and the Countys Division of Tourism Coordinator;
· Conducts off-site programming and presentations as needed;
· Assists visitors with gift shop purchases and maintains inventory levels;
· Balances cash register receipts and makes daily deposit; and
· Regular duties may include reports on the conditions of property and museum space; writing and researching, editing promotional material and brochures, coordinating with other historic sites and partners, registering guests for events, and compiling data on attendance and visitor experience.
QUALIFICATIONS / ELIGILBITY:
· Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in history, anthropology, art history, museum studies, or related field;
· Previous experience in museums, cultural programs, art spaces, etc. are preferred but not required;
· Proficient computer skills including but not limited to: Office, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator;
· Working weekends are required for this position. Depending on the event taking place, some nights may be required. Candidates will not be considered otherwise;
· Passaic County residency is preferred
· New Jersey residency is required.