JOB TITLE: Museum Attendant, Seasonal
SALARY / HOURS: $15 per hour / 35 hours per week
SCHEDULE: Wednesday Sunday/ 9:00am 5:00pm
JOB DESCRIPTION: Under the direction of the Director of the Department of Cultural & Historic Affairs and Museum Curator, the primary function of this position is to assist in the planning and execution of daily museum functions; including but not limited to exhibit installations, preservation of existing collections, guiding visitors and performing clerical and other museum-related duties as required and/or assigned.
This is a 6 month, temporary position
LOCATION: Lambert Tower, Woodland Park, NJ
Lambert Tower is an observatory tower constructed in 1896, a registered local historic landmark. It is located within Garret Mountain Reservation within the Borough of Woodland Park. The site is one of nine historic sites owned and preserved by the County of Passaic and is one of five facilities administered by the Passaic County Department of Cultural & Historic Affairs.
· Welcomes visitors and responds to questions about the history of the site and its programming;
· Provides tours of the tower to school and bus groups and engages the public with American, military, material, and cultural histories;
· Help prepare exhibits and collections for public display;
· Plans, organizes, and implements special events at the site;
· Manage daily operations of the historic site;
· Conducts daily checks of property;
· Develops, plans, and organizes promotional material for activities and events in conjunction with local community organizations, the media, and the Countys Division of Tourism Coordinator;
· Assists visitors with gift shop purchases and maintains inventory levels;
· Balances cash register receipts and makes daily deposit; and
· Compiles data on attendance and visitor experience and submits reports to leadership team.
QUALIFICATIONS / ELIGILBITY:
· Preference to those enrolled in an accredited college/university with a focus in history, anthropology, art history, museum studies, or related field OR graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in history, anthropology, art history, museum studies or related field;
· Previous experience in museums, cultural programs, art spaces, etc. are preferred but not required;
· Proficient computer skills including but not limited to: Office, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator;