Basic Function: Develop and implement dynamic programming and communications; manage and grow covenants program; spread awareness for advocacy efforts and initiatives.
1. Signature Programming and Educational Events
· Manage annual Homes Tour, including site selection, content development, historic research, and volunteer recruitment/management;
· Manage annual Preservation Merit Awards program, including nominations; juried selection process, Preservation Merit Awards Celebration, and awareness campaigns;
· Plan and implement dynamic, experiential programming and initiatives, as needed.
· Develop annual covenant management and monitoring process;
· Implement annual survey of covenant properties;
· Manage communications with property owners;
· Review applications for new covenants and for physical changes to covenant properties.
3. Advocacy and Outreach
· Conduct outreach to neighborhoods and cultural constituents citywide, including through formal surveys and public meetings.
· Develop position statements and strategies for engaging organizations audience in advocacy efforts.
· Support organization in coalition-building around advocacy efforts at the local and state levels.
· Manage all social media and website content;
· Edit biannual membership newsletter;
· Manage events promotions and related public relations efforts.
5. Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications: Masters degree in historic preservation and 3-5 y