The Norman Bird Sanctuary seeks a Business Manager to administer the finance, human resources, and operations of this highly successful, well-regarded nonprofit that embraces best practice and the communities it serves. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Business Manager is a newly-created position responsible for financial reporting, accounting, budgeting, compliance, and human resources. The Business Manager handles the financial and administrative operations of the organization by maintaining financial records, managing all bookkeeping and tax documentation, streamlining administrative systems and technology, and performing data analysis and forecasting.
Financial Management: Provide accurate and timely financial recordkeeping and reporting in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles. Stay current with all Federal and State regulations regarding grants administration and audit requirements. Prepare and maintain all the schedules and reports required to ensure that all financial audits and tax filings are well-prepared, accurate, and on-time.
Human Resource Management: Maintain accurate personnel records and provide support to all employees regarding employment and benefit issues.
Information Management: Provide financial and operational oversight to ensure smooth, transparent collaboration across the organization. Assess cost-effective enhancements to Norman Bird Sanctuarys administrative systems to improve the organizations productivity, effectiveness, and security.
Ambassadorship: Represent Norman Bird Sanctuarys mission and programs accurately to a variety of community stakeholders.
- Manage bookkeeping, budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash flow.
- Track and oversee accounts receivable and billable.
- Process payroll and manage time reporting.
- Coordinate all audit activities.
- Conduct monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliations of all accounts.
- Produce financial statements.
- Maintain an organized accounting filing system.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to oversee the organizations financial and administrative processes including human resources, payroll, and benefits with an eye toward continuously developing and improving systems.
- Manage the organizations administrative systems (phone, IT, security, cleaning, supplies, etc.) in coordination with the Properties Director and Office Manager.
Skills and Experience
†††††††††† BSc or MSc in Finance, Accounting, Business, or relevant field
†††††††††† At least five years of finance, accounting, and human resources experience in a nonprofit organization
†††††††††† Expertise in MS Excel and QuickBooks
†††††††††† Excellent data analysis, risk management, and forecasting skills
†††††††††† Thorough knowledge of accounting and financial best practices
†††††††††† High ethical standards
†††††††††† Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and confidentiality†††
†††††† ††† Highly organized with excellent communication skills
†††††† ††† Exceptional deadline management skills with a strong sense of responsibility
†††††† ††††Efficient self-manager and committed team player
†††††††††† Detail-oriented, systems thinker with the ability to analyze and recom