The Genealogy and Local History Section (GENLOC) joint with Asia and Oceania Section and Information Technology Section invite proposals for papers to be presented at the joint open session at the 2017 IFLA World Library and Information Congress:
“New insights at the intersection of genealogy and other professional communities”
August 19-25, 2017
Lower Silesian Public library - (Dolnoslaska Biblioteka Publiczna im. Tadeusza Mikulskiego) - Wroclaw, ul Rynek 58 (The Old City).
The session welcomes papers that discuss:
- Innovative programming and use of historical and genealogical collections
- Intergenerational approaches to programming and outreach
- Integration of genealogical and local history materials and research into school curricula
- Collaborative work with historical and genealogical societies
- Harnessing the energy of volunteers
- Genetic genealogy and the promise of DNA
We encourage discussion of evidence based practice and invite presentations and analysis of projects which can be of practical value to others. Submissions in other formats than academic papers (such as reports and essays) are welcome.
For more information, please visit the listed website or contact Kate Cordes at firstname.lastname@example.org.